[sci.space.shuttle] Famous Henry Spencers

keithley@apple.com (Craig Keithley) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan30.114826.11543@pbs.org> pstinson@pbs.org writes:
> The 3rd and most famous early Enterprise was also a schooner.  It was
> built by Henry Spencer at Baltimore, Maryland in 1799.

And then there's the famous (infamous?) Henry Spencer in Toronto...

>If the Space Shuttle was the answer,| Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
>what was the question?              |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry

Could it be?...  Possibly?...  The same person?...

I'll alert the Media!  :-)  :-)

Craig Keithley, Apple Computer
keithley@apple.com
[standard disclaimers apply!]

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (02/01/91)

In article <11921@goofy.Apple.COM> keithley@apple.com (Craig Keithley) writes:
>In article <1991Jan30.114826.11543@pbs.org> pstinson@pbs.org writes:
>> The 3rd and most famous early Enterprise was also a schooner.  It was
>> built by Henry Spencer at Baltimore, Maryland in 1799.

>And then there's the famous (infamous?) Henry Spencer in Toronto...

>Could it be?...  Possibly?...  The same person?...

>I'll alert the Media!  :-)  :-)

And I'll tell the Weekly World News.
--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW, tvf@cci.com   | "Death is Irrelevant.
{uupsi,ccicpg}!cci632!tvf@uunet.uu.net       |  One time I saw an elephant in

bradley@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (David K. Bradley) (02/01/91)

    >Could it be?...  Possibly?...  The same person?...
    >
    >I'll alert the Media!  :-)  :-)

I read it a recent Weekly World News that the two Henry Spencers are, in
fact, the same person.  And there were sidebars, so I'm *really* convinced
that it is true.

--
	David Bradley                bradley@csrd.uiuc.edu
	Center for Supercomputing Research and Development

mrb1@cbnewsh.att.com (maurice.r.baker) (02/01/91)

In article <11921@goofy.Apple.COM>, keithley@apple.com (Craig Keithley) writes:
> In article <1991Jan30.114826.11543@pbs.org> pstinson@pbs.org writes:
> > The 3rd and most famous early Enterprise was also a schooner.  It was
> > built by Henry Spencer at Baltimore, Maryland in 1799.
>
> Could it be?...  Possibly?...  The same person?...
>
> I'll alert the Media!  :-)  :-)

I can see the Weekly World News headline now:

	Messages from 200 Year Old Canadian Appear on Computer Screens
			Around World !!!

	Ottawa Government Official Denies Any Connection to Recent
			Elvis Sightings !!!

M. Baker
homxc!jj1028