[sci.space.shuttle] 5th anniversary

) (02/04/91)

In article <7367@crash.cts.com>, nick@pro-canaveral.cts.com (Nick Thomas) writes:

> You mention the crew talkinguntil impact "when they were knocked out and
> then drowned".
> At that altitude and that velocity, no one would be alive to drown after
> impact.
>
> Nick Thomas
>
> ProLine:  nick@pro-canaveral
> Internet: nick@pro-canaveral.cts.com
> UUCP:     crash!pro-canaveral!nick
> ARPA:     crash!pro-canaveral!nick@nosc.mil

Oh for goodness sakes! how the heck do YOU know?? huh?
ever been in an exploded space shuttle?????

right after the accident, like on 25th January 1986, all the newspapers were
quoting "official" sources saying that "they would have died instantly"
well, we saw how much cock and bull that was at the inquest didnt we!

now you are saying "no one would be alive to drown after impact"
unless you happened to carry out a post mortem on the entire crew to find
the cause of deatj, and can guarantee that in not one single case was it
attributable to drowning, then you CANT SAY THAT.

why do you think everyone generalises?????? its because we don't know enough
to make moralistic "at least they didnt know what happened" style comments!

<flame off>

Theora
Theora Jones  Strathclyde University, SCOTLAND   || " I can fly higher than an
CADP13@uk.ac.strath.vaxa (somewhere on JANET)    ||   Eagle, with you as the
CADP13%vaxa.strath.ac.uk (elsewhere, hopefully)  ||   wind beneath my wings "
CADP13%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@ukacrl (just might work)||                 8:-) 1990
  SUPPORT DESERT STORM ! KUWAIT >WILL< BE FREE ! ||      "Lets be MAWS!"