[sci.space.shuttle] Shuttle Launch in April??

rhodes@unccvax.uncc.edu (Terry Rhodes) (02/05/91)

Please forgive if this is the wrong group to post this.

	We are planning a trip to Florida in late April 91 and I wanted
to know if a launch date had been set for STS-39 and also if anyone
knows where the best spot to view a launch from is. I had hear you needed
a pass to view the launch from the Kennedy Space Center and was curious how
you would request one.

	Thanks for any help you can provide.

Terry Rhodes

gamorris@lescsse.uucp (Gary A. Morris) (02/07/91)

In <3131@unccvax.uncc.edu> rhodes@unccvax.uncc.edu (Terry Rhodes) writes:

>	We are planning a trip to Florida in late April 91 and I wanted
>to know if a launch date had been set for STS-39 and also if anyone
>knows where the best spot to view a launch from is.

STS-39 was set for Feb 26 but has been moved back a couple weeks due
to the need to replace some thrusters.  STS-37 is still schedule for
April 4th, it is not yet known if this will be affected by STS-39's
delay.
--GaryM
--
Gary Morris                    Internet: gmorris@nasamail.nasa.gov
Lockheed, Houston, Texas       UUCP:     lobster!lescsse!gamorris