[sci.space.shuttle] Shuttle classified flights...

gandalf@pro-electric.cts.com (Ken Hollis) (03/02/91)

Greetings and Salutations:

From: cornutt@freedom.msfc.nasa.gov (David Cornutt)
>>There are no further "Classified" per se payloads planned for the SST.

>Not quite true.  There is a classified payload on STS-39, but the flight
>itself is not classified.  There will be (unclassified) DOD flights in
>the future, and there will probably still be the occasional self-
>contained classified payload.

Exactly.  That is what I meant by "per se".  While there may be portions of
the flight classified, there are no more "Totally Classified" launches
planned.

From: cornutt@freedom.msfc.nasa.gov (David Cornutt)
Subject: Re: Fuel-line door questions...

>I don't know if the onboard systems will indicate the status of the door,
>but the MCC certainly can tell.  Having them not closed is not
>necessarily fatal.  I'll have to go look up the procedure for that.

It has been said that if the doors do not close within 1/1000", there will
be a "Major Malfunction".  By the way, "MCC"? Please define.

Ken Hollis
----
ProLine:  gandalf@pro-electric
Internet: gandalf@pro-electric.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-electric!gandalf
ARPA:     crash!pro-electric!gandalf@nosc.mil

petej@phred.UUCP (Peter Jarvis) (03/08/91)

In article <7793@crash.cts.com> gandalf@pro-electric.cts.com (Ken Hollis) writes:
>  By the way, "MCC"? Please define.
>
>Ken Hollis

MCC= Mission Control Center ...............Peter J.