[sci.space.shuttle] When is the SHuttle going up?

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (04/03/91)

  Hi,

      I just was wondering when the next shuttle is due to go up.  I hears one
was due unearly april but haven't heard a thing.  Anything that anyone knows
would be much appreciated.

  Mark Santora
  dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu

shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Mary Shafer) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr2.171019.8571@umiami.ir.miami.edu> dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu writes:

>      I just was wondering when the next shuttle is due to go up.  I hears one
>was due unearly april but haven't heard a thing.  Anything that anyone knows
>would be much appreciated.

Friday, 5 April.

For those of you who wish to watch it land, the East Lake Shore site
will be open.  The only problem is that we have water on the lakebed
(no, not a lake, just water on the lakebed :-) so it may land on the
paved runway, which is somewhat further away from the viewing site
than is the lakebed runway that they frequently use.

See my somewhat late, but still relevant posting on the Hillside and
East Lake Shore viewing sites.

--
Mary Shafer  shafer@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov  ames!skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov!shafer
           NASA Ames Dryden Flight Research Facility, Edwards, CA

haught@jvnc.net (Darrell Haught) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr2.171019.8571@umiami.ir.miami.edu> dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu writes:

>  Hi,
>
>      I just was wondering when the next shuttle is due to go up.  I hears one
>was due unearly april but haven't heard a thing.  Anything that anyone knows
>would be much appreciated.

 The shuttle will be going up for the first time this year on Friday
morning. The will be deploying a huge observatory designed to trace
energetic rays.
  Two of the five astronauts will also step outside to test equipment
for NASA's planed space station. I will be the first space walk by
americans in more than five years.

  Hope this gave you what info you were looking for.

                              Darrell
                              haught@nisc.jvnc.net