[sci.space.shuttle] Endeavor

jfe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (04/24/91)

I have a couple of questions regarding the Endeavor.

1.  What does the OV stand for in front of the numbers?  I think Endeavor is
OV-105?

2.  Is Endeavor ready for actual launch?  If so, when is the scheduled date?

Can you e-mail me the answers?  I don't get around this way often...

Thanks in advance

|        T. H. Brian Chung                |                                   |
|        Tens of math credits             |     "So in my small way,          |
|        Hundreds of physics credits      |      I'm a big man on Mulberry    |
|        And an attitude...               |      Street."                     |
|                                         |                                   |
|        jfe@cornella (bitnet)            |                  Billy Joel       |
|        in%"jfe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu"    |                                   |
|         (internet)                      |     "Let's see what's out there." |
|                                         |                                   |
|                                         |             Jean-Luc Picard       |

kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.010610.4233@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>, jfe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> 1.  What does the OV stand for in front of the numbers?  I think Endeavor is
> OV-105?
>
> 2.  Is Endeavor ready for actual launch?  If so, when is the scheduled date?

1: OV = Orbiter Vehicle

2: May of 1992 is the first launch for Endeavor.  More work will be done
	to Endeavor when it reaches the cape.

Mike Kent -  	Lockheed Engineering and Sciences Company at NASA JSC
		2400 NASA RD One, Houston, TX 77058 (713) 483-3791