[sci.space.shuttle] Challenger Dreams?

ollie@hydra.unm.edu (Ollie Eisman N6LTJ) (04/22/91)

I'd like to hear, via e-mail, from those who had dreams
of a shuttle disaster before the Challenger accident.

I'm not a precognition advocate or anything like that.
It's just that I've spoken with many people who claim
to have had disturbing dreams of a shuttle mishap right
before Challenger was lost.

I would like to see if there is any relationship between
all of these dreams, and would appreciate replies from
those on the net who have had ones similiar to what I've
described.  Your replies will be kept confidential.  This
is simply for my own curiosity.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

--
Ollie Eisman (N6LTJ)	ollie@hydra.unm.edu	(505)277-4845
3505 Lafayette Rd. NE #3, Albuquerque, New Mexico  87131, USA

venu@eceu15.ece.ncsu.edu (Venu Madhav Ravi) (04/24/91)

Though I didn't have any dreams about the shuttle disaster,

it was a big shock to me and my friends while in India.
We were following the shuttle program closely -- I was
glued to the TV set.... just hoping that the
crew somehow bailed out(?).

We were really looking forward to listen to
Christa Mc Auliffe's view from space...

There was not a space-buff without tear-filled eyes

	- Venu

peter@spider.co.uk (Peter Reid) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr22.043753.11398@ariel.unm.edu>, ollie@hydra.unm.edu (Ollie Eisman N6LTJ) writes:

> I'd like to hear, via e-mail, from those who had dreams
> of a shuttle disaster before the Challenger accident.

Given the hazardous nature of a shuttle flight, the infrequency of such
flights, and the interest that people (perhaps used to) show in upcoming
launches, there's probably a very good chance that people dreamed in some
way about a problem.  You would probably find the same thing before each
successful flight as well, except of course no-one makes anything of a
dream that turns out to be wrong (when we dream of a loved one dying, and wake
up to find they're OK, it causes no more than a momentary worry - when we
dream of the same thing, and wake up to find that the event has occurred,
we tend to connect that with some precognitive facility).

Just a thought.

	Pete
--
Peter Reid - Project Consultant      |   Spider Systems Limited
                                     |   Spider Park, Stanwell Street
- peter@spider.co.uk                 |   Edinburgh, EH6 5NG, Scotland
- peter%spider.co.uk@uunet.uu.net    |   +44 31 554 9424 (Ext 4021)

benno@crash.cts.com (Benno Eichmann) (04/25/91)

Also, did the Russian ships usually present put more distance between
themselves and the shuttle on that occasion?