[sci.space.shuttle] Summer Shuttle Manifest

rteasdal@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Falconer) (05/08/91)

	It appears that I will have the great good fortune to be
spending a fair bit of time travelling in the southeast later this
summer, and I should have the latitude in terms of time to go and
hang around KSC long enough to see a flight go, if there are any
scheduled during that particular window of opportunity... I'd be
tremendously grateful if someone would post or email the expected
launch dates for July through September. Thanks in advance.

--
||||||   Russ Teasdale -- rteasdal@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU  --  (Falconer)  |||||||
"Gentlemen, if we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure." - D. Quayle

kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov (05/09/91)

In article <2827728f.70f8@petunia.CalPoly.EDU>, rteasdal@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Falconer) writes:

> tremendously grateful if someone would post or email the expected
> launch dates for July through September. Thanks in advance.

STS-40 Columbia 	May     Space Life Sciences - 1  9 day flight
STS-43 Discovery 	July	TDRS-E, Shuttle Solar Backscatter Ultra-violet
					insterment, Space Station heat pipe
					advanced raidator experiment... other
					payloads as well
STS-44 Atlantis 	August	DOD mission
STS-48 Discovery	Nov	Upper Atmoshpere research staellite.

The Manafest just gives the launch months for the upcomming missions.
STS-40 is sheduled for launch around May 22, maybe as early as May 20th.

--

Mike Kent -  	Lockheed Engineering and Sciences Company at NASA JSC
		2400 NASA Rd One, Houston, TX 77058 (713) 483-3791

etssp@levels.sait.edu.au (05/13/91)

In article <1991May9.083242.1@vf.jsc.nasa.gov>, kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov writes

>STS-40 Columbia         May     Space Life Sciences - 1  9 day flight
>STS-43 Discovery        July    TDRS-E, Shuttle Solar Backscatter Ultra-violet
>                                        insterment, Space Station heat pipe
>                                        advanced raidator experiment... other
>                                        payloads as well
>STS-44 Atlantis         August  DOD mission
>STS-48 Discovery        Nov     Upper Atmoshpere research staellite.
>
>The Manafest just gives the launch months for the upcomming missions.
>STS-40 is sheduled for launch around May 22, maybe as early as May 20th.

I'm afraid that this is from an old manifest. According to Release 91-44,
21 March 1991, "NASA Issues Modifications to Shuttle Manifest" and
Release 91-69, "First Spacelab Dedicated to Life Sciences Highlights STS-40"
the schedule is

STS      Date    Orbiter    Payload
 40  24 May  91  Columbia   SLS-1 (Spacelab Life Sciences), GAS Bridge
 43     Aug. 91  Atlantis   TDRS-E (Tracking and Data Relay Satellite), SSBUV-3
 48     Oct. 91  Discovery  UARS (Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite)
 44     Dec. 91  Atlantis   DSP (Defence Support Program)

Steven Pietrobon, Australian Space Centre for Signal Processing
School of Electronic Engineering, University of South Australia
The Levels, SA 5095, Australia.          steven@rex.sait.edu.au