[sci.space.shuttle] CNN and the shuttle

jmc@eagle.inesc.pt (Miguel Casteleiro) (06/06/91)

Hi there to all CNN fans!

I started watching CNN International a few weeks ago and was
wondering if you know what are the programs that cover the shuttle
missions (when they are occuring).  Is there also some sort of
daily resume of the shuttle activities?

Also, please feel free to tell me what are your favorite programs on CNN.

Thanks!
--
 Miguel Casteleiro at INESC, Lisboa, Portugal.  (jmc@eagle.inesc.pt)  _ //
 "News: so many articles, so little time..."                          \X/

pjs1@waikato.ac.nz (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.183031.74@eagle.inesc.pt>, jmc@eagle.inesc.pt (Miguel Casteleiro) writes:

> Hi there to all CNN fans!
>
> I started watching CNN International a few weeks ago and was
> wondering if you know what are the programs that cover the shuttle
> missions (when they are occuring).  Is there also some sort of
> daily resume of the shuttle activities?
>
> Also, please feel free to tell me what are your favorite programs on CNN.
>
> Thanks!
> --
>  Miguel Casteleiro at INESC, Lisboa, Portugal.  (jmc@eagle.inesc.pt)  _ //
>  "News: so many articles, so little time..."                          \X/

	CNN show the launch live (cutting in to what ever program is on at that
stage). They also show replay, highlights of the days events (and a lot of
other interesting space events, ie magellian) in their Headline News program,
which is constantly repeated so you don't have to worry about missing it.
	Future Watch sometimes carries something relevant too (and is usually
interesting) but is on at a god aweful time overhere.

About time I got a signiture
Pete Smith
Uni of Waikato (Y-cat-O), NZ.

clif_w1@verifone.com (06/11/91)

> I started watching CNN International a few weeks ago and was
> wondering if you know what are the programs that cover the shuttle
> missions (when they are occuring).  Is there also some sort of
> daily resume of the shuttle activities?
>
> Also, please feel free to tell me what are your favorite programs on CNN.
>
> Thanks!
> --
Another point of interest Network to watch is CSPAN & CSPAN II.  One of them,
and I forget which, usually runs a hour or so review of the launch, including
prelieminary stuff on the cargo (loading, testing, etc), full NASA briefings,
and (at least the last one I saw), launch views from about all the cameras NASA
has!  I really like to follow the shuttle launches, etc; however, 60 some odd
camera angles of the shuttle launch got a little out of hand.

C Westin
MIS
VeriFone Inc.