[sci.space.shuttle] Rats

Fred Ullom <TACON019@ysub.ysu.edu> (06/11/91)

I haven't seen any pictures of the rats on the current shuttle trip.
I assume they are floating aroung their cages just like the astronauts
are floating around theirs. At least the astronauts know what weightlessness
is, it must be confusing for the rats.

It also occurs to me that there must also be rat shit floating around too as
you just couldn't line the bottom of the cage with sawdust and expect it to
stay there. Does anybody know if the astronauts have cage cleaning duties
or if these cages have some kind of automatic cleaning systems?

Thanks,
-Fred
Fred S. Ullom
tacon019@ysub.ysu.edu
Youngstown State University

beyo@beyonet.UUCP (Steve Urich) (06/12/91)

In article <91162.075336TACON019@ysub.ysu.edu> TACON019@ysub.ysu.edu (Fred Ullom) writes:

>I haven't seen any pictures of the rats on the current shuttle trip.
>I assume they are floating aroung their cages just like the astronauts
>are floating around theirs. At least the astronauts know what weightlessness

	<*> I heard on the news this morning that the jellyfish are not
	    bobbing up/down as they usually do when they swim, but they
	    are just floating sideways in circles.

						Steve Urich
						WB3FTP