[sci.math.symbolic] Outputting Maple plots to an NEC-2200

vkr@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Vidhyanath K. Rao) (03/04/89)

I use Maple on an Amiga. I would like to print the plots that Maple generates
on the NEC-2200 (a 24-pin printer), without having to do screen dumps [a pain
as I have to be there, and Maple plot screens have no Gadgets, and clicking
anywhere in the screen kills it :-(]. I couldn't find any references in the
Maple manual about outputs to plotters, and in any case I would need a
plotter -> NEC conversion utility.

Thanx in advance.

--
It is the man not the method that                 Nath
solves the problem.                     vkr@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu

ricom@microsoft.UUCP (Rico Mariani) (03/07/89)

In article <1239@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu> vkr@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Vidhyanath K. Rao) writes:

>I use Maple on an Amiga. I would like to print the plots that Maple generates
>on the NEC-2200 (a 24-pin printer), without having to do screen dumps [a pain
>as I have to be there, and Maple plot screens have no Gadgets, and clicking
>anywhere in the screen kills it :-(]. I couldn't find any references in the
>Maple manual about outputs to plotters, and in any case I would need a
>plotter -> NEC conversion utility.

If I have anything to say on the matter (and I hope I will).  The next
release of Amiga Maple will be able to dump to an IFF file or the the currently
selected printer.  Sadly there isn't much you can do other than what you're
already doing.  Perhaps this will help though, the plot is a first class
value in Maple.  As such you can compute many of them and store them in
variables or save them in files.  Then you can output them at your leisure.

e.g.

	p1 := plot( -- major plot thingy --):

	save p1,file1;

(note the : at the end of the line -- this means do not output, just assign)

	p2 := plot ( etc...);
	save p2,file2;

	etc.

Then you can reload the plots and display them quickly.  The actual rendering
is very fast.

	-Rico