[comp.databases] Looking for an article

buiten@klipper.cs.vu.nl (Buitendijk RB) (02/05/87)

We are looking for an article, presumably called "Is Your Relational
Database Management System Really Relational?", written by E.F. Codd.
It contains an evaluation scheme for relational dbms's.
Does anybody know where we can find this article?

	Tim de Boer & Rob Buitendijk

ms@security.UUCP (02/09/87)

In article <668@klipper.cs.vu.nl> buiten@klipper.cs.vu.nl (Buitendijk RB) writes:
>We are looking for an article, presumably called "Is Your Relational
>Database Management System Really Relational?", written by E.F. Codd.
>It contains an evaluation scheme for relational dbms's.
>Does anybody know where we can find this article?
>
>	Tim de Boer & Rob Buitendijk

You will find the article entitled "Is Your DBMS Really Relational?", by
E. F. Codd in Computerworld, XIX(41) Part 1 ID1-9, October 14, 1985.

Also of interest:
"Does your DBMS Run By the Rules?", by E. F. Codd in Computerworld, XIX(42)
Part 2 ID49-60, October 21, 1985.

Jay W. Davison
MITRE Corporation
jwd@mitre-bedford
decvax!linus!disunix!jwd

flak@slovax.UUCP (02/09/87)

> We are looking for an article, presumably called "Is Your Relational
> Database Management System Really Relational?", written by E.F. Codd.
> It contains an evaluation scheme for relational dbms's.
> Does anybody know where we can find this article?
>
> 	Tim de Boer & Rob Buitendijk

The article you are looking for was published in "COMPUTERWORLD"
in two parts:

   14 Oct 85 - "Is your DBMS really realtional?"
   21 Oct 85 - "Does your DBMS run by the rules?"

I have a copy of both articles - if you can't locate the articles locally,
send me (or post on the net) an address, and I'll send them to you.

trwrb     \
psivax     -!logico--\
ism780c   /           \
                       -!slovax!flak