[comp.databases] Foxbase is only for Xenix

rgb@trouble.UUCP (05/12/87)

In article <851@runx.ips.oz>, janm@runx.ips.oz (Jan Mikkelsen) writes:
> FoxBase+ is supposed to be a dBase III+ clone. I haven't had anything to do
> with it. I think Blue Sky Industries have it ... I could be wrong there though!
	Foxbase comes from SCO (Santa Cruz Operation) 800 626-8649.
As far as I know it will only work on selected Xenix systems.  I spoke
to SCO about three months ago about supporting Foxbase on Suns since
the Sun will run programs designed for SYS V, but all I got was a flat NO.
They said there was not enough need???????

	I would pay good money for a DbaseIII for 4.3bsd!  Does anyone
know of such a beast.  I could also use a Lotus 123 lookalike.

				bob bookbinder
				lamont!rgb@columbia

mdf@osu-eddie.UUCP (05/15/87)

In <7@trouble.UUCP> rgb@trouble.UUCP (bob bookbinder) writes:
>>In article <851@runx.ips.oz>, janm@runx.ips.oz (Jan Mikkelsen) writes:
>> FoxBase+ is supposed to be a dBase III+ clone. I haven't had anything to do
>> with it. I think Blue Sky Industries have it ... I could be wrong there though!
>	Foxbase comes from SCO (Santa Cruz Operation) 800 626-8649.
>As far as I know it will only work on selected Xenix systems.  I spoke
>to SCO about three months ago about supporting Foxbase on Suns since
>the Sun will run programs designed for SYS V, but all I got was a flat NO.
>They said there was not enough need???????

FoxBase+ is a product of Fox Research.  They have given SCO exclusive marketing
rights to the XENIX version.  There are no plans for a generic UNIX version.
Fox will sell MS-DOS versions, SCO will sell the XENIX versions.

The above is what I got out a discussion with folks from Fox at UNIFORUM.

--
Mark D. Freeman						    mdf@osu-eddie.uucp