[comp.databases] Relational Technology typo

prj@sfsup.UUCP (P.Jayne) (01/05/88)

******** A T T E N T I O N ! **********
My use of "Relational Technology" was indeed a typo.  I have no knowledge of
this company whatever.  Apologies to anyone who thought otherwise.

My other typo "torturous" was presumably less offensive (I should claim that
it was a Freudian slip...)

As for my other "mistakes" I will reply after a few more flames.  The only
poster so far who knows of an actual complex database using "relational
technology" responded by email.  My fellow loud-mouths are all using the net
and it's great!  Keep them flames coming.

	Paul Jayne

steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield) (01/07/88)

In article <2556@sfsup.UUCP> prj@sfsup.UUCP (P.Jayne) writes:

>******** A T T E N T I O N ! **********
>My use of "Relational Technology" was indeed a typo.  I have no knowledge of
>this company whatever.  Apologies to anyone who thought otherwise.
>
>My other typo "torturous" was presumably less offensive (I should claim that
>it was a Freudian slip...)
>
>As for my other "mistakes" I will reply after a few more flames.  The only
>poster so far who knows of an actual complex database using "relational
>technology" responded by email.  My fellow loud-mouths are all using the net
>and it's great!  Keep them flames coming.
>
>	Paul Jayne

With the conversation initiated by the above, this news group
began to resemble some of the passionately negative features of
some of the politics news groups. Understanding that some of us
have strong feelings (for instance, I am a user of the database
produced by the above-named company and think it one of the worst
pieces of software ever marketed), we will probably learn more
from each other if we try to keep from making personal comments
about those who express opinions. If we get too many of the
postings which contain more name calling than real content, I for
one will be pressing n a lot sooner.

Steve Goldfield