[comp.databases] Converting Knowledgeman tables from 2.1 to 2.0

dougie@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Dougie Nisbet) (03/02/88)

I am trying to run Knowledgeman on a Pc with 256K memory, and therefore
need to *downgrade* my Knowledgeman tables, from version 2.1 to 2.0

This is difficult, if not impossible. The utility KTOK allows conversion
up the way, but I can't convert down the way. Any suggestions?

mbe@dde.uucp (hans) (03/11/88)

In art. <1029@its63b.ed.ac.uk>, dougie@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Dougie Nisbet) writes:
> I am trying to run Knowledgeman on a Pc with 256K memory, and therefore
> need to *downgrade* my Knowledgeman tables, from version 2.1 to 2.0
>
> This is difficult, if not impossible. The utility KTOK allows conversion
> up the way, but I can't convert down the way. Any suggestions?

Knowledgeman 2.1?  The version I know is 2.01.

But never mind the KTOK utility was included in KMAN version 2.01.

Have you tried following sequence:

in KMAN 2.(0)1 :

alternative 1:

e.odsk=true
select * from <what-ever-table>
e.odsk=false

alternative 2:

There is an environment variable that tells KMAN 2.01 that it should
save tables 'unscrambled'.

(These of course requires an PC that are able to run KMAN 2.01, but only
this time)

then later with KMAN 2.0:

define <what-ever-table>

attach to <what-ever-table> from dskout.txt  (please check the syntax -
this is from a bio-memory )