[comp.databases] Re.: HELP ME !!!!

mohan@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Mohan Palat) (05/27/88)

>From: Jay-Jay@cup.portal.com
>Subject: HELP ME!!!
>Portal-User-Id: 1.1001.4419
>
>Poor College Student needs Your Help!!   :-(

	This is obviously a fraud. How else can one explain the following:

	(1) The person's name and address is suspiciously missing from the
	    posting
	(2) How is it that this person can spend money on a post box if he
	    is so poor? Won't it be better to receive all the donations at
	    his home address and thus save money?
	(3) Isn't "Portal" a public access system where one has to pay
	    money to  use it? And isn't it located in Texas (I'm not sure
	    about this). How can this person afford a login on the machine?
	(4) How difficult is it to get a part-time job after completing
	    junior college, esp. when one is not a "quitter", as this
	    person claims to be.
	(5) His claim that he does not qualify for a scholarship even
	    though his parents are as broke as he is, is very suspicious.
	(6) It is very interesting to note that this person is asking for
	    dollar bills and not checks which can easily be traced.

	I think somebody should report this person to the appropriate
	authorities.

	M. Palat

--
MOHAN PALAT