[comp.databases] SQL in YACC format needed

timos@mykines (Timos Sellis) (05/24/88)

Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
mail me a copy?

Thanks, Timos Sellis

Timos Sellis
CS Dept, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
ARPA:timos@mimsy.umd.edu  UUCP:{decvax,allegra,...}!mimsy!timos

bob@pdn.UUCP (Bob Hickle) (05/25/88)

In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP> timos@mykines.UUCP (Timos Sellis) writes:

>Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
>mail me a copy?

If so, please mail me one also!
Bob Hickle				Paradyne Corporation
gatech!uflorida!usfvax2!pdn!bob		Mail stop LF-207
Phone: (813) 530-2664			8550 Ulmerton Road, PO Box 2826
					Largo, FL  34641

gupta@cullsj.UUCP (Yogesh Gupta) (05/26/88)

In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP> timos@mykines.UUCP (Timos Sellis) writes:

>Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
>mail me a copy?

Me too.  Maybe it could be posted (?).
--
Yogesh Gupta			| If you think my company will let me
Cullinet Software, Inc.		| speak for them, you must be joking.

ivor@geac.UUCP (Ivor Williams) (05/26/88)

In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP> timos@mykines.UUCP (Timos Sellis) writes:

>Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
>mail me a copy?
>
>Thanks, Timos Sellis

Me too, please.

--
Ivor Williams, Geac Computers International Inc.
UUCP:	{mnetor|yunexus|utgpu}!geac!ivor

dwp@cci632.UUCP (Dana Paxson) (05/26/88)

In article <3246@pdn.UUCP> bob@pdn.UUCP (0000-Bob Hickle) writes:
>In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP> timos@mykines.UUCP (Timos Sellis) writes:
>>
>>Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
>>mail me a copy?
>
>If so, please mail me one also!

And me, please!

Dana Paxson

USENET:	rochester!cci632!dwp
Phone:	(716) 482-5000 ext 2678 (work)
Mail:	Computer Consoles, Inc.
	97 Humboldt Street
	Rochester, New York  14609
	USA

vrh@mhres.mh.nl (Michael Verhey) (05/30/88)

In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP>, timos@mykines (Timos Sellis) writes:

> Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
> mail me a copy?

I would like to get a copy too.

--
Michael Verheij (using Netnews)
USENET: vrh@mh.nl via European backbone (mcvax).

lcain@cucstud.UUCP (Leroy Cain) (05/31/88)

In article <2782@geac.UUCP>, ivor@geac.UUCP (Ivor Williams) writes:
> In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP> timos@mykines.UUCP (Timos Sellis) writes:
> >
> >Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
> >mail me a copy?
> >
> >Thanks, Timos Sellis
>
> Me too, please.
>
> --
> Ivor Williams, Geac Computers International Inc.
> UUCP:	{mnetor|yunexus|utgpu}!geac!ivor

YASQLR (Yet Another SQL Request)

OK For all you out there that want YACC for SQL I have one.  Infact I will
have two very soon.  The one I mailed to Timos is a old junk one I did
almost two years ago.  I was doing an advanced project and dreamed up this
fully relational SQL with about everything you could think of putting in
SQL and some things you would never want in SQL.  I got rid of some of the
less useful stuff and only got a B out of the class (the teacher thought
it was creative but I was supposed to have finished generating parse trees).
The only problem with it is that it has some many tokens that I had to
hack YACC to YACC it.  For those with source just increase the number of
terminals.

The one I am about to write is part of an experimental system we call
a Customizable Relation Data Base Managment System.  Since this is only
a feasibility study (at this time) the SQL will be a subset of ANSI,
however it does have domains, primary keys, and sematic override.
The first is available now the second will be couple of weeks (the BNF is
done but is not signoff on yet).

If there is enough interest I could wipe up an ANSI SQL.  Email me which
you would like and I will take appropiate action.

fl@crcc.UUCP (Flavio Spada) (06/01/88)

In article <11633@mimsy.UUCP>, timos@mykines (Timos Sellis) writes:

> Anybody has a parser for SQL written in YACC? If so, can you please
> mail me a copy?

I would like to get a copy too.

--
Flavio Spada (using Netnews)