[comp.databases] SQL databses for VAX/VMS?

sys_ms@bmc1.uu.se (06/24/88)

	I'm looking for info on SQL databases for VAX/VMS systems.
	We have some applications that we want to move to an SQL
	database, preferably with network access to a server.

	Any info on VAX SQL?

	Price is important as we have a limited budget.

	Mats Sundvall				+46/18174583
	Biomedical Center			mats@bmc1.BMC.UU.SE
	University of Uppsala, Sweden		psi%24020010020620::MATS

mbk@hpsemc.HP.COM (Miles Kehoe) (07/08/88)

I think you'll find all the 'big' database companies make VAX/VMS
versions: I'd try Oracle, Informix, and Ingres. I also hear good things
about Sybase, but have never touched it.

mbk

gupta@cullsj.UUCP (Yogesh Gupta) (07/12/88)

In article <600001@hpsemc.HP.COM>, mbk@hpsemc.HP.COM (Miles Kehoe) writes:
> I think you'll find all the 'big' database companies make VAX/VMS
> versions: I'd try Oracle, Informix, and Ingres. I also hear good things
> about Sybase, but have never touched it.
>
> mbk

I would also try Cullinet's IDMS/SQL.  I think it is the best, but then I
am biased :-).

(I tried mailing a reply directly to the person who posted the original query,
but failed).
--
Yogesh Gupta                    | If you think my company will let me
Cullinet Software, Inc.         | speak for them, you must be joking.

aland@infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) (07/19/88)

In article <3550@bmc1.uu.se>, sys_ms@bmc1.uu.se writes:
:
: 	I'm looking for info on SQL databases for VAX/VMS systems.
: 	We have some applications that we want to move to an SQL
: 	database, preferably with network access to a server.
:
: 	Any info on VAX SQL?
:
: 	Mats Sundvall				+46/18174583
: 	Biomedical Center			mats@bmc1.BMC.UU.SE
: 	University of Uppsala, Sweden		psi%24020010020620::MATS

(tried to email; mailer was not too cooperative)

The INFORMIX-SQL product line is available for VAX/VMS versions
4.5 thru 4.7 (at the moment).  Products available: Informix-SQL,
ESQL/C, Informix-4GL, and C-ISAM.

--
 Alan S. Denney  |  Informix Software, Inc.  |  {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland
 Disclaimer: These opinions are mine alone.  If I am caught or killed,