[comp.databases] Informix and error 26 or 27 ?

dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) (10/26/88)

An old client of mine got an error that reads 'File to big, out of space'
or something like that. It comes out that the file size has reached
the ulimit size. How do I increase the ulimit for him? I thought
Informix took care of that automatically. Another user is way past
the ulimit with no problem.
--
Dan Troxel VP of Computer Operations @
Handwriting Research Corporation - 2821 E. Camelback Road Suite 600

In article <323@hrc.UUCP>, dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) writes:
> An old client of mine got an error that reads 'File to big, out of space'
> or something like that. It comes out that the file size has reached
> the ulimit size. How do I increase the ulimit for him? I thought
> Informix took care of that automatically. Another user is way past
> the ulimit with no problem.
> --

The version is 2.00.00 SQL and ESQL
--

aland@infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) (10/27/88)

In article <325@hrc.UUCP>, dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) writes:
| In article <323@hrc.UUCP>, dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) writes:
| > An old client of mine got an error that reads 'File to big, out of space'
| > or something like that. It comes out that the file size has reached
| > the ulimit size. How do I increase the ulimit for him? I thought
| > Informix took care of that automatically. Another user is way past
| > the ulimit with no problem.
| The version is 2.00.00 SQL and ESQL
| --
| Dan Troxel VP of Computer Operations @

The problem is probably some "other" file (i.e. not a table or index
file).  Since the database engine (sqlexec) boosts its ulimit, it should
not run into problems when working with database tables.  Are you sure
that this isn't a report or other file that is exceeding the ulimit?
Or, could the mode bits in the sqlexec executable have been altered?

--
 Alan S. Denney  |  Informix Software, Inc.  |  {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland
 Disclaimer: These opinions are mine alone.  If I am caught or killed,