[comp.databases] ORACLE and PRO*C

ber@astbe.UUCP (H.Bernau) (12/09/88)

Hello (This is my first posting to the net, sorry)

We are trying to built up a large database using ORACLE.
The appllication programs will be written in C.

I want to built a database library for all functions working with the database.
Those function should get/return the database items using C structs (e.g. one
struct datatype for every database table).

The problem is that PRO*C only allows scalar datatypes for host variables
(see ORACLE documentation for an explanation of 'host variable') and we don't
want to copy the data between our structs and the host variables (that's a
bad solution I believe).

IS THERE ANYBODY WHO CAN HELP ME ???

Please respond via mail, I'll post a summarize to the net.

As you can see below, I'm only a 'Kraut'. Sorry for my English.

|   Rolf Bernau               |
|   GEI Software Technik mbH  |  Berlin:             astbe!ber
|   Hohenzollerndamm 150      |  USA:                ...!pyramid!tub!astbe!ber
|   1000 Berlin 33            |
|   West-Germany              |

bobd@bloom.UUCP (Bob Donaldson) (12/15/88)

In article <456@astbe.UUCP>, ber@astbe.UUCP (H.Bernau) writes:

> As you can see below, I'm only a 'Kraut'. Sorry for my English.

Sie haben aber gans gut englisch geschrieben.  (Leider kann ich mit der
ORACLE probleme nicht hilfen.)

-=-
Bob Donaldson              ...!cs.utexas.edu!natinst!radian!bobd
			       ...!sun!texsun!radian!bobd