[comp.databases] Setting erase key in Informix?

prc@maxim.ERBE.SE (Robert Claeson) (01/05/89)

Is there any way to set the erase key (delete character to the left of
the cursor) to any other character than BS in Informix? I want it to
use the stty erase character, which can be different depending on which
terminal I'm using (ie, the DEL key for DEC terminals and compatibles,
and the BS key for most other terminals).
--
Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
"No problems." -- Alf

jon@altos86.UUCP (Jonathan Ma) (01/14/89)

In article <448@maxim.ERBE.SE>, prc@maxim.ERBE.SE (Robert Claeson) writes:
> Is there any way to set the erase key (delete character to the left of
> the cursor) to any other character than BS in Informix? I want it to
> use the stty erase character, which can be different depending on which
> terminal I'm using (ie, the DEL key for DEC terminals and compatibles,
> and the BS key for most other terminals).
> --
> Robert Claeson
	I believe the ERASE key can be set within Informix by changing the
	termcap file entry "kb".  Otherwise, It's defined to be ctrl-h by
	default and cannot use "stty erase character" to change it at all.

	Furthermore, BS key is on top (F12) on most DEC terminals I have used.
	What's the problem with it :-].

	-Jon-

			Jonathan Ma, Altos Computer Systems
			UUCP: {sun,pyramid}!altos86!jon
			Disclaimer:  this is my own openion, not my employer's.

prc@maxim.ERBE.SE (Robert Claeson) (01/17/89)

In article <808@altos86.UUCP>, jon@altos86.UUCP (Jonathan Ma) writes:

> 	I believe the ERASE key can be set within Informix by changing the
> 	termcap file entry "kb".  Otherwise, It's defined to be ctrl-h by
> 	default and cannot use "stty erase character" to change it at all.

Informix doesn't use neither the "kb" entry, nor the "stty erase"
character. It looks to me as if ctrl-h is hardcoded as the erase
character.

> 	Furthermore, BS key is on top (F12) on most DEC terminals I have used.
> 	What's the problem with it :-].

On my terminal, F12 sends an escape sequence unless I set the terminal
into the VT100 mode. But I don't want to do that. I want to be able to
use all the neato keys like "Find", "Help", "Next Screen", etc.