[comp.databases] availability of INGRES

fil@me.utoronto.ca (Filippo Salustri) (04/05/89)

	I'm curious about something I've heard about INGRES: is it true that
it's available free of charge to educational institutions?  If so, how do I
go about getting it?

Fil Salustri
fil@me.utoronto.ca

tomg@ann.UUCP (Thomas S. Greenwalt) (04/07/89)

In article <89Apr5.103644edt.18862@me.utoronto.ca> fil@me.utoronto.ca (Filippo Salustri) writes:
>	I'm curious about something I've heard about INGRES: is it true that
>it's available free of charge to educational institutions?  If so, how do I
>go about getting it?

I'm not sure about that, however I've heard that Ingres will be shipping
free to people buying Interactive Systems or Xenix with the Software Develop-
ment Package.  Is that true?

--
Thomas S. Greenwalt	                  {amdahl|hpda}!bungia!datapg!ann!tomg
A.N.N. Systems		+1 612-933-6467	  tomg@ann.MN.ORG	tomg@ann!uunet