[comp.databases] Info Needed on Rubix

rg@psgdc (Dick Gill) (04/23/89)

I am about to undertake conversion of a database written in the
Rubix database language; the new system will be in Unify.
Anyone have any technical information, manuals, words of wisdom,
etc. about Rubix?

Thanks

Dick

Dick Gill              Professional Solutions Group          ..uunet!psgdc!rg
The quality of the circus here in Washington depends on the clowns you elect.

jstetson@bbn.com (Jan Stetson) (04/25/89)

In article <201@psgdc> rg@psgdc (Dick Gill) writes:
>I am about to undertake conversion of a database written in the
>Rubix database language; the new system will be in Unify.
>Anyone have any technical information, manuals, words of wisdom,
>etc. about Rubix?

I tried to email in response, but no luck.  I know Rubix (known in
other contexts as Logix) inside-out, upside down and backwards.

Given specific questions, problems etc. I'll do what I can to help.

Good luck,

	- Jan Stetson -

kelso@mimsy.UUCP (Stephen Kelley) (04/25/89)

The summary says it all.  I was one of the programmers that 'fleshed
out' LOGIX into RUBIX.  I still think it's a decent db (the C/UNIX
interface is its strong point), too bad business is business.
In any case, feel free to email. My 'day job' address is
welch.jhu.edu. Happy joining...

--
Real:	Stephen Kelley, Welch Med. Lib., Johns Hopkins Univ.
Internet: stevek@welch.jhu.edu