[comp.databases] Database for Semitic and Arabic

gpmenos@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (G. Philippe Menos) (05/18/89)

I'm looking for a database package (to run on MS-DOS or OS/2) that can
handle semitic and arabic character sets.  Any suggestions??? Please.
The purpose of the project is to catalog a collection of rabinnic and
arabic sources (about 500 to 1000 records per year).  Only simple
functions are needed;  to search on one or maybe two fields; to print a
sorted list (only bibliographic information will be entered, so the
field lengths need not be "unlimited.").

Any suggestions on specific packages or on where to inquire further,
would be deeply appreciated.
-Phil

In article <8515@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> gpmenos@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (G. Philippe Menos) writes:
>I'm looking for a database package (to run on MS-DOS or OS/2) that can
>handle semitic and arabic character sets.  Any suggestions??? Please.

P.S.  Any suggestions for Macintosh products would also be welcome!

-Phil