[comp.databases] relational and network database

fr@icdi10.UUCP (Fred Rump from home) (05/23/89)

In Unix World, DBMS and other magazines constant advertisements appear for
DB-Vista.

I'm interested in this MDBS clone. At least I think Raima claims it to be
something like MDBS III.

Anybody out there using either? You can follow here or mail me as the rest of
the net seems to be hung up with the big name guys like: Oracle, Unify and
Informix.  As I remember MDBS claiming to be better than any of them, I wonder
where DB_Vista fits in.

I'm mainly interested in the fact that source is available so that any really
annoying bug can be squashed without months (years) of waiting for a fix. Of
course, the 'no royalty' clause is also of significant interest.

Any comments, good, bad or indifferent would be greatly appreciated as these
decisions have significant impact on many years of work.
Thanks
Fred Rump
icdi10!fr@cdin-1.uu.net

--
This is my house. My castle will get started right after I finish with news.
26 Warren St.                          ...{dsinc bpa uunet}!cdin-1!icdi10!fr

fr@icdi10.UUCP (Fred Rump from home) (05/24/89)

In article <165@icdi10.UUCP> fr@icdi10.UUCP (Fred Rump from home) writes:
>In Unix World, DBMS and other magazines constant advertisements appear for
>DB-Vista.
	Ooops, I meant Unix Today. I'm not sure about Unix World.