[comp.databases] C functions in INFORMIX-4GL?

david@pyr.gatech.EDU (David Brown) (05/26/89)

Hi.  I need to incorporate a C function in an Informix-4GL program.
I'm running the rapid development system on a Sun 3/60 (SunOS4.0).
The Informix system was purchased a couple of months ago, so it's
(hopefully) current.

Please e-mail replies directly to me at the addres below.

Thanks,
  David

David Brown                       Armstrong State College, Savannah, Georgia
ARPA: david@pyr.gatech.edu        uucp: ...!gatech!gitpyr!david

aland@infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) (05/29/89)

In article <8360@pyr.gatech.EDU> david@pyr.gatech.edu (David Brown) writes:
>Hi.  I need to incorporate a C function in an Informix-4GL program.
>I'm running the rapid development system on a Sun 3/60 (SunOS4.0).
>The Informix system was purchased a couple of months ago, so it's
>(hopefully) current.

The procedure for creating custom runners and debuggers is covered in
detail in the manual in the sections "Running Programs that Call C
Functions" and "Using cfglgo to Create a Custom Runner", starting at
page 1-69R in my copy.  You can create customized debuggers as well
using "cfgldb" instead of "cfglgo".

BTW, the most current version for Sun 4.0 is 1.10.03F.  Check this
against the copyright screen when you first enter "r4gl".

--
    Alan S. Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.
         {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland                 "I want to live!