[comp.databases] INFORMIX

jeff@swusrgrp.UUCP (Jeff Tye sys adm) (03/11/89)

In article <1005@uel.uel.co.uk>, vvk@uel.uel.co.uk (Vijayakumar Vijayaratnam) writes:
> Does anyone know how to get hard copies INFORMIX screens , while a form is
> being viewed ?.
>
> Like hitting CTRL-P for instance
>
> Any help would be appreciated .

In the Perform screen there is an option to OUTPUT the current record
or current list (produced by a Perform query) to a file called:
perform.out

Problem: you must exit Perform and then print the file manually.

Solution: create a shell script that runs in the background, waits for
a perform.out file to be created, prints it, then either deletes it or
makes a copy of it for printing again.

I had to do that for one of my customers many moons ago. It's kind of kludgy;
it would be better if Informix supported that kind of feature directly within
Perform.

--
Jeff Tye
southwest!/usr/group                  The Southwest U.S. chapter of /usr/group

news@investor.UUCP ( Bob Peirce) (03/16/89)

In article <1014@swusrgrp.UUCP> jeff@swusrgrp.UUCP (Jeff Tye sys adm) writes:
>In article <1005@uel.uel.co.uk>, vvk@uel.uel.co.uk (Vijayakumar Vijayaratnam) writes:
>> Does anyone know how to get hard copies INFORMIX screens , while a form is
>> being viewed ?.
>>
>> Like hitting CTRL-P for instance
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated .
>>

>In the Perform screen there is an option to OUTPUT the current record
>or current list (produced by a Perform query) to a file called:
>perform.out
>
>Problem: you must exit Perform and then print the file manually.

The shell escape "!lp < perform.out" works just fine on our system.

--
Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA				 412-471-5320
uucp: ...!{allegra, bellcore, cadre, idis, psuvax1}!pitt!investor!rbp

rl@sssphx.UUCP (Rod Longhofer) (06/08/89)

I recently had a very bad hard disk crash on my system and had to
re-install the INFORMIX for my unix-pc, lo and behold the first disk
has apparently a bad sector. So i called the freindly :-( att hotline
and was told i would have to pay to talk to anybody. (I have service
contracts on my unix pc but not the software). I promptly hung up..
I will not be charged to talk to someone who will probably charge me
for a new disk or product upgrade!! Could someone give me a DIRECT phone
number to informix in calif. And possibly send me a note of INFORMIX procedure
for getting a replacement disk.

--
Rod Longhofer		      rl@sssphx.UUCP | sssphx!rl@asuvax.asu.edu
work 602-961-1317      "DOS is a nice loader, for terminal emulation software."