[comp.databases] RTLink

vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) (06/14/89)

In article <Jun.13.19.36.26.1989.6999@yes.rutgers.edu> emuleomo@yes.rutgers.edu (Emuleomo) writes:
>> With reference to the use of PLINK86 or the DOS LINK(ER) for linking
>> Clipper .OBJs
>
>Even faster for clipper linking is "tlink" Turbo Linker from the magicians
>at Borland International!!  However, overlays are not supported.  Big deal huh!

For a long time PLink was the only real overlay linker around, and it
was *painfully* slow.  I got an order of magnitude improvement in link
times first moving to MSLink and thence TLink.  I only used PLink for
final production linking.

But now we have RTLink, a new overlay linker.  I'm glad for that, but
has anyone used it, and compared for link time in a typical clipper
application?

--
| Cliff Joslyn, Cybernetician at Large
| Systems Science, SUNY Binghamton, vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu