[comp.databases] Clipper problem in REPORT/HEADING

iskim@crcc.uh.edu (InSik Kim) (06/29/89)

I have a problem using CLIPPER with IBM-PC/XT, and IBM-PC/AT.

Using REPORT command with HEADING option seems to have bug.
What it does is:

        It always print 'full FRM file name' at the place of HEADING.

Is there a patch for this problem or a way to go around.

Thank you in advance.

e-mail address:

	iskim@crcc.uh.edu

bruce@mdi386.UUCP (Bruce A. McIntyre) (07/02/89)

In article <1913@crcc.uh.edu>, iskim@crcc.uh.edu (InSik Kim) writes:
> I have a problem using CLIPPER with IBM-PC/XT, and IBM-PC/AT.
> Using REPORT command with HEADING option seems to have bug.
>
>         It always print 'full FRM file name' at the place of HEADING.
>
> Is there a patch for this problem or a way to go around.
> 	iskim@crcc.uh.edu
The simplest thing to do is to write your OWN report writer for the more
complex reports, and use R&R for the simpler ones.  You can save more than
12k of memory if you don't call any report forms, and you can probably
write your own reports the way you want for less memory... Especially if
you modularize the code.  At the same time you can do such things as scan
the keyboard at the start of each page so the user can exit gracefully, etc.

Give it a try.
bruce
	Bruce A. McIntyre, McIntyre Designs, Inc. VOICE(215)322-1895
	143 Bridgetown Pike, Langhorne, Pa. 19047 DATA (215)357-2915
	{wells|lgnp1}!mdi386!bruce		bruce@wells tbit+