[comp.databases] missing library routine in Informix ESQL/C

jim@bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) (08/09/89)

In the Informix 3.3 ALL-II library there was a function called dbprusing()
which allowed you to format a double type variable according to the
"print using" syntax used in ACE.  This was a very convenient way to get
commas, dollar signs, and ()'s into C program output.

I am now doing a project in Informix ESQL/C (version 2.10.00) and noticed
that this function (or an equivalent) no longer exists.  Am I missing
something?  Am I RTFM'ing wrong?

If this function is not a part of Informix ESQL/C, does anyone have a
function which does this type of formatting?

Thanks for listening.
-------------
James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim@tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences --			Play:   jim@bahamut.fsc.com
A division of Ahlstrom			UUCP:	uunet!tiamat!jim

aland@infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) (08/16/89)

In article <233@bahamut.fsc.com> jim@bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) writes:
>In the Informix 3.3 ALL-II library there was a function called dbprusing()
>which allowed you to format a double type variable according to the
>"print using" syntax used in ACE.  This was a very convenient way to get
>commas, dollar signs, and ()'s into C program output.
>
>I am now doing a project in Informix ESQL/C (version 2.10.00) and noticed
>that this function (or an equivalent) no longer exists.  Am I missing
>something?  Am I RTFM'ing wrong?

Probably not.  More like RTFOMTYPDH.  (Read the -- *other* manual that
you probably don't have  :-])

dbprusing() was part of ALL.  It is included in the ALL for ESQL/C
product (see p. 2-26 of the doc, if you have it), but this product
is not part of the mainstream product line and is not available for
every port.

>If this function is not a part of Informix ESQL/C, does anyone have a
>function which does this type of formatting?

Did you try dectoasc() ?  It will give you a printable string, and
you can specify the number of decimal places.  You just don't get
the full ACE formatting controls.

>Thanks for listening.
>James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim@tiamat.fsc.com

You're welcome.

--
    Alan S. Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.
         {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland                 "I want to live!