[comp.databases] db_FILE special offer

osm@oxtrap.uucp (Owen Scott Medd) (09/05/89)

In the latest Programmer's Shop catalog, Raima is advertising their
db_FILE(tm) File Manager 2.2 with db_RETRIEVE for $295 single user and
$595 multi-user.  This includes source code to the File Manager and
db_RETRIEVE (an SQL-based Query and Report Writer).

This sounds like a good deal, except nowhere do they describe the
difference between db_FILE and the full db_VISTA III system.  Does
anyone have any experience with db_FILE and what the differences
are between it and db_VISTA?

Owen
--
USMail:   Ocwen Trading, Inc., 2385 Huron Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI  48104
Phone:	  +1 313 971-5950	FAX:	+1 313 971-0804

hughes@math.berkeley.edu (Eric Hughes) (09/06/89)

In article <1989Sep5.160005.17049@oxtrap.uucp>, osm@oxtrap (Owen Scott Medd) writes:
>			   ... except nowhere do they describe the
>difference between db_FILE and the full db_VISTA III system.  Does
>anyone have any experience with db_FILE and what the differences
>are between it and db_VISTA?

df_FILE is version 2.21 of db_Vista, which is now at 3.2 (or
something).  Raima renamed their old version and now sells it at a
lower cost.  I don't think there will ever be an upgrade to db_File,
other than buying db_Vista, which is significantly more expensive.

Eric Hughes
hughes@math.berkeley.edu   ucbvax!math!hughes