[comp.databases] SQL parser Yacc/Lex

po@york.cs.ucla.edu (10/06/89)

We are implementing a Distributed Database that needs to build
a modified SQL parser on top of a commercial RDBMS. I have been
searching for SQL Yacc grammar for a while but havn't got any
completed SQL grammar yet. I would appreciate it if any one
can give me any information of SQL grammar and parsing tree
structure.  Again, any info is appreciated.

Charles

Cherng-Fong Po
INTERNET: po@york.cs.ucla.edu
(213) 825-7307

steinar@fdmetd.uucp (Steinar Overbeck Cook) (10/20/89)

In article <27769@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, po@york.cs.ucla.edu writes:

> completed SQL grammar yet. I would appreciate it if any one
> can give me any information of SQL grammar and parsing tree
> structure.  Again, any info is appreciated.

There is a paper which describes this, namely :

	Rapid implementation of SQL:
	a case study using YACC and LEX.

	KAIZAD B HEERJEE and RUBIK SADEGHI

	Information and software technology vol30/1988/may/ pg. 228-236

I would also be very interested in getting a yacc grammar for SQL if
anybody have typed it in.

--
Steinar Overbeck Cook, Fellesdata a.s, P.O. Box 248, 0212 OSLO 2, NORWAY
Phone : +47 2 52 80 80                            Fax   : +47 2 52 85 10