[comp.databases] PC version YACC & LEX

donovan@julius.csl.sri.com (Donovan Hsieh) (10/25/89)

I am looking for PC versions of UNIX/YACC & LEX which are supported by
the vendors (I currently
have a free copy from the public domain, but they are buggy & lack of
documentations). I appreciate
any one could pass this information.

Thanks in advance.

Donovan Hsieh

Computer Science Lab
SRI International

sakkinen@tukki.jyu.fi (Markku Sakkinen) (10/25/89)

In article <13100@hercules.csl.sri.com> donovan@julius.csl.sri.com (Donovan Hsieh) writes:
>I am looking for PC versions of UNIX/YACC & LEX which are supported by
>the vendors (I currently
>have a free copy from the public domain, but they are buggy & lack of
>documentations). I appreciate
>any one could pass this information.

I have a new product sheet from Mortice Kern Systems Inc. (MKS)
in Waterloo (Canada, not the original one).
Among other UNIX-like tools for PC's, they seem to offer a MKS LEX & YACC
package, available also for OS/2.
By the way, they claim all their software to be independently developed
and thus free from AT&T licence policies.

We recently had an occasion where _new_ Awk (as per the Awk book)
was required, and noted that all Awks on the various UNIX systems here
were old Awks. For instance, Sun have not cared to update their Awk yet
(talk about System V compatibility...).
We then looked into the MKS Toolkit (bought appr. a year ago)
and found that the Awk there worked in this situation!

MKS give the UUCP address: uunet!watmath!mks!inquiry

Markku Sakkinen
Department of Computer Science
University of Jyvaskyla (a's with umlauts)
Seminaarinkatu 15
SF-40100 Jyvaskyla (umlauts again)
Finland