[comp.databases] UNIFY Question

pfinley@cipc1.Dayton.NCR.COM (Pat Finley) (10/26/89)

I am going to be using UNIFY's SQL to insert about 60-70,000 records into a
table in a data base. I have heard that there is an absolute limit on the
number of records that can be load in this manner from a single file. Is this
true? I am using UNIFY 4.0 along with ACCELL 1.3.

rlh@fciva.FRANKLIN.COM (Ramon L. Holt) (10/27/89)

In article <1458@cipc1.Dayton.NCR.COM> pfinley@cipc1.Dayton.NCR.COM (Pat Finley) writes:
>I am going to be using UNIFY's SQL to insert about 60-70,000 records into a
>table in a data base. I have heard that there is an absolute limit on the
>number of records that can be load in this manner from a single file. Is this
>true? I am using UNIFY 4.0 along with ACCELL 1.3.

I have never heard that there is an absolute limit.  Althought I have never
added 60,000 records at one time, I don't think you would have a problem.
I have added over 30,000 records without a complaint.  It did take a while to
accomplish but that was because the machine and time I picked.

Rame.
--
Ramon L. Holt				Franklin Mortgage Capital Corp.
(703) 448-3300				7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A-130

rogerk@sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) (10/28/89)

In article <499@fciva.FRANKLIN.COM> rlh@fciva.UUCP (Ramon L. Holt) writes:

>I have never heard that there is an absolute limit.  Althought I have never
>added 60,000 records at one time, I don't think you would have a problem.
>I have added over 30,000 records without a complaint.  It did take a while to
>accomplish but that was because the machine and time I picked.

I don't know about any limit (and it doesn't sound likely) but I added
slightly over 65,000 records last year into Unify 4.0 running on SCO
Xenix 386 Release 2.2.3, no problem.

Roger Knopf
SCO Consulting Services
Usual disclaimer: I speak for myself (but, then, I did it myself %^)