[comp.databases] C-ISAM error in Informix SQL

newsgm@edvcom.UUCP (News G.M.) (11/10/89)

In article <5229@natinst.natinst.com>, kenm@natinst.com (Ken McKinney) writes:

> I'm getting an error -111 (C-ISAM error: no record found)
> as a result of an SQL delete statement in an SQL script we're trying to
> run which will (hopefully) deduplicate our database.  The relevant statement
> is
>
>     delete from pro_bcs where prospect_id = "gor 51154";
>
>     {deleted}

Hi Ken,

this is a typical error when the c-isam files are crashed. You should
build a new table out of the old one with
	'insert into ttab select attr1,.. from pro_bcs'
You could also try to repair it with 'bcheck' or the 'repair' option in
isql, but my experiance is that this doesn't help, 'cause due to system
screw up's the btree's aren't recoverable.

Hope this helps

G.Moschen

| G}nther Moschen              |   UUCP  : ...!uunet!mcvax!unido!edvcom!gm    |
| EDV-COMPAS Gmbh              |   FAX   : +49 8331 84024                     |
| Woringer Str. 4-6            |   PHONE : +49 8331 86078                     |
| D-8940 Memmingen  W-Germany  |                                              |