[comp.databases] Foxbase Plus modify structure dumps core: 3B2/600

laver@siodo.UCSD.EDU (Mick Laver) (12/16/89)

I'm using SCO Foxbase+, release 1.0, on a 3B2/600 SVR3.1.1. The "modify
structure" command allows you to make changes, but I get a core dump
when I try to write it out. I'm on my sixth round of SCO calling back to
schedule another callback.

If anyone else is having this problem I'd like to know (more important:
is there a fix?!) The person I talked to a SCO said no one else had
reported it.

	-Mick Laver
	 mlaver@ucsd

steve@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM (Steve Bridges) (12/16/89)

In article <325@siodo.UCSD.EDU> laver@siodo.UCSD.EDU (Mick Laver) writes:
>I'm using SCO Foxbase+, release 1.0, on a 3B2/600 SVR3.1.1. The "modify
>structure" command allows you to make changes, but I get a core dump
>when I try to write it out. I'm on my sixth round of SCO calling back to
>schedule another callback.
>
>If anyone else is having this problem I'd like to know (more important:
>is there a fix?!) The person I talked to a SCO said no one else had
>reported it.

We are running Foxbase+ 1.01 on our Tower 32/650 (NCR OS Release 2.01.01),
and experienced a similar problem for some users, and not for others.

It finally boiled down to the way I was setting the PATH for those users
having the problem.  A couple of directories were set in their
.profile, and set again in my own Foxbase invocation script.  After
I figured it out, and removed the duplicate directories from the path,
and the problem cleared up.

It not only happend on a modify structure, but also a modify command.

--
Steve Bridges                    | NCR - USDPG Product Marketing and Support OLS
Steve.Bridges@Dayton.NCR.COM     | Phone:(513)-445-4182 622-4182 (Voice Plus)