[comp.databases] FoxBase+ advice needed

vanecek@cs.purdue.EDU (George Vanecek) (01/07/90)

I am looking purchase the software package FoxBase+.  I would like to create a
data base from which I can relate data that correlates wolf behavior.  I would
also like to generate graphs and tables.  If anyone knows anything about the
package, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.  I'm having difficulty
getting good information from the vendors.

Please send responses to schlenke@arthur.cs.purdue.edu

Thank you.

fredb@llama.rtech.UUCP (Fred Buechler) (01/10/90)

In article <9179@medusa.cs.purdue.edu> vanecek@cs.purdue.EDU (George Vanecek) writes:
>I am looking purchase the software package FoxBase+.  I would like to create a
>data base from which I can relate data that correlates wolf behavior.  I would
>also like to generate graphs and tables.  If anyone knows anything about the
>package, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.  I'm having difficulty
>getting good information from the vendors.
>
>Please send responses to schlenke@arthur.cs.purdue.edu
>
>Thank you.

You should get WolfBase+ instead! :-) :-)

[Sorry. I couldn't resist.]

Fred.

awd@dbase.A-T.COM (Alastair Dallas) (01/17/90)

In article <9179@medusa.cs.purdue.edu>, vanecek@cs.purdue.EDU (George Vanecek) writes:
>I am looking purchase the software package FoxBase+.  I would like to create a
>data base from which I can relate data that correlates wolf behavior.  I would
> also like to generate graphs and tables.  If anyone knows anything about the
> package, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.  I'm having difficulty
> getting good information from the vendors.

It wouldn't be kosher for me to recommend dBASE when you say you want FoxBase.
But I can throw you a curve:  Have you considered a spreadsheet package
like 1-2-3 or (Ashton-Tate's) Framework?  They have simple flat-file data
base capability with easy built-in graphics.  Framework even has a word-
processor with outlining, which would let you concentrate on the wolves and
not juggle a lot of different products.  End of commercial :-).

/alastair/