[comp.databases] Emerald Bay

jbrown@herron.uucp (Jordan Brown) (10/18/89)

Sounds like there's enough interest to warrant providing some info
and answering some questions.  Full-scale support may require some
changes in my USENET feeds.

saify@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (saify.lanewala) writes:
> In article <1205@orbit.UUCP>, biggity@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Jon Johnston) writes:
> >  ANd if you can, more about Emerald Bay, I've heard good things about it.
> I have used Emerald Bay's database engine.  It's written by Wayne Ratliff,
> and was being marketed by Migent.  Migent had some financial difficulties,
> and wound up selling (?) off the marketing rights to a Canadian company
> (Lanware ??).

After Migent failed to make a royalty payment, we (RSPI) cancelled their
contract.  Lanware, which was in the process of acquiring Migent, briefly
fought the cancellation, but gave up... I believe in June '89.  The Lanware
acquisition of Migent then fell through.  RSPI now holds all marketing
rights and is selling the product line directly.  Eagle and Summit
have been renamed to Vulcan and Liaison, respectively, because Migent
owned those trademarks.

> Most of their emphasis seems to be on Eagle, their dBASE answer, while
> my focus is on their C Applications Development Library.

We are certainly interested in people using the C Toolkit.  Most of
our sales have been Vulcan, so we do spend more attention there.
The C Toolkit is an essential part of the product, though - Vulcan
and the other surfaces use it to talk to the engine!

Enough commercial message.  Call 818-248-0877 for more info.
Mention that you got the number via USENET so we can figure out if it
makes sense to try to make support available in comp.databases or
perhaps a biz.* group.

--
Jordan Brown, Ratliff Software Productions Inc.

chuckb@lotex.UUCP (Chuck Bentley) (02/01/90)

In article <1990Jan31.010652.15304@welch.jhu.edu> francois@welch.jhu.edu (Francois Schiettecatte) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get info on Wayne Ratliff's product
>called Emerald Bay? It got a lot of press a while back
>but since then I have not really seen anything.

Try:
	Ratliff Software Productions		(818) 248-0877
	2155 Verdugo Blvd, Suite 20	    fax (828) 248-2605
	Montrose, CA 91020

I'm just another hacker that thinks that people like Wayne should be
supported by the rest of us hackers.

		Chuck...