[comp.databases] Format of .dif files

chris@vision.UUCP (Chris Davies) (02/06/90)

In article <468.25bdca64@ccvax.ucd.ie> h236_042@ccvax.ucd.ie (Douglas O'Hanlon)
writes:
>	Does anyone know the exact format of '.dif'(data interchange format)
>files ? [...]

Well, there's a description of (the?) Lotus .DIF file specification in chapter
4 of the book, "FILE FORMATS for popular PC software - A programmer's
reference", by Jeff Walden, Wiley & Sons, ISBN 0-471-83671-0.  It's too
long to quote here, so you'll have to find your own copy.  Sorry.

I _presume_ that the Data Interchange Format really is interchangeable...  :-)

			Chris
--
VISIONWARE LTD         | UK: chris@vision.uucp     JANET: chris%vision.uucp@ukc
57 Cardigan Lane       | US: chris@vware.mn.org    OTHER: chris@vision.co.uk

awd@dbase.A-T.COM (Alastair Dallas) (02/08/90)

aaargh!  All you young programmers out there drive us old folks crazy.
Gee, there was a computer before the IBM PC?  Lotus didn't invent DIF,
it was promulgated by the VisiCalc people, Personal Software, who
later became VisiCorp and self-destructed.  Did you know Dan Bricklin
wrote another program before Demo?  It's true, and Paul McCartney was
in a band before Wings.  Sheesh.

/alastair/

dgh@unify.uucp (David Harrington) (02/13/90)

In article <417@dbase.A-T.COM> awd@dbase.A-T.COM (Alastair Dallas) writes:

>aaargh!  All you young programmers out there drive us old folks crazy.
>Gee, there was a computer before the IBM PC?  Lotus didn't invent DIF,
>it was promulgated by the VisiCalc people, Personal Software, who
>later became VisiCorp and self-destructed.  Did you know Dan Bricklin
>wrote another program before Demo?  It's true, and Paul McCartney was
>in a band before Wings.  Sheesh.
>
>/alastair/

... and, did you know that Julian Lennon's dad played in a band, too?

--
David Harrington		                      internet: dgh@unify.UUCP
Unify Corporation		                ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!dgh