[comp.databases] Horticultural databases

efkramer@amherst.bitnet (02/16/90)

---
I'm looking for a rather inexpensive horticultural database listing.
What I really want is something with a rather complete list of plants
and their characteristics and propogation methodes. I want to be able to
search for names by specific characterisstics that I want to use in
plant specification as a landscape designer.
I would like something for either the IBM or something on-line I can
log onto for not too much money.
If you know of anything or even where to look, I 'd love your help.

Eric Kramer
IN%"EFKRAMER@AMHERST"

thanks

emrozek@uncecs.edu (Ed Mrozek) (02/21/90)

In article <9122.25db1288@amherst.bitnet>, efkramer@amherst.bitnet writes:
> ---
> I'm looking for a rather inexpensive horticultural database listing.
> What I really want is something with a rather complete list of plants
> and their characteristics and propogation methodes. I want to ...

Try the Plant Databases Library (PDL) from:
 	Taxonomic Computer Research
	P.O. Box 12011
	Raleigh, NC 27605	(Sorry I don't have their phone)

From the brochure:

"PDL modules all require an IBM PC, XT, AT, PS/2 or 100% compatible. One 5.25"
disk drive and harddisk is required.  Users must have dBase III, III+, IV or
dBase compatible management system to operate each module.

Modules include:

Bulb Modules 1 and 2
Azalea Modules 1 and 2
Tropical and House Plants Modules 1 and 2
Herbaceous Perennials Modules 1 - 3
Woody Plant Modules 1 - 4

From the brochure,  all modules are priced individually.

Drop them a line.

Ed Mrozek

I have not affiliation with Taxanomic Computer Research.

bob@consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) (02/23/90)

We would be interested in the same database.
If you come up with anything please pass it along.
Thanks.

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..    Bob Willey, CDP     ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..