[comp.databases] UNIFY users

tonym@cfi.COM (tonym) (02/28/90)

To any UNIFY users out there.  PLEASE let me know what you like
or dislike about the latest version of UNIFY.  We are on SUNs
4.0.3 SUN-UNIX and currently running the latest version of SUN-UNIFY.
We are trying to decide whether to stay with UNIFY or switch to
another database product.

THANKS!

bill@fedeva.UUCP (Bill Daniels) (03/02/90)

tonym@cfi.COM (tonym) writes:

>To any UNIFY users out there.  PLEASE let me know what you like
>or dislike about the latest version of UNIFY.  We are on SUNs

I use UNIFY 4.0

I don't like the screen forms generator -- too slow.

I don't like the SQL implementation -- not complete.

I don't like ENTER -- not enough editing features.

I don't like the B-trees -- too easily corrupted.

Of course, these are only my opinions and as such are highly subjective but
opinions are what you sought!
--
bill daniels
federal express, memphis, tn