[comp.databases] CDATA - by Al Stevens

cs00chs@unccvax.UUCP (charles spell) (03/01/90)

Almost a year ago I stated that I would begin on making Cdata by AL Stevens
a multi-user RDBMS system. I have done this and in the process I made the
functions very informix-like. I am currently working on the standard dbbuild,
dbstatus, and enter2 utilities. What I have done is kept the basic low-level
algorithm, but have totally changed the C-interface to be very compatible
with Informix 3.3.  A simple -DSINGLE_USER will create an informix library
for any PC compatible.

In the future, I plan on changing it to a client-server model for efficiency
reasons (currently twice as fast as informix and uses SysV IPC semaphores as
a concurrency control mechanism). I will eventually try to make it compatible
with SQL.

MARWK@levels.sait.edu.au (03/21/90)

In article <1852@unccvax.UUCP>, cs00chs@unccvax.UUCP (charles spell) writes:
> Almost a year ago I stated that I would begin on making Cdata by AL Stevens
> a multi-user RDBMS system. I have done this and in the process I made the
> functions very informix-like. I am currently working on the standard dbbuild,
> dbstatus, and enter2 utilities. What I have done is kept the basic low-level
> algorithm, but have totally changed the C-interface to be very compatible
> with Informix 3.3.  A simple -DSINGLE_USER will create an informix library
> for any PC compatible.
>

> In the future, I plan on changing it to a client-server model for efficiency
> reasons (currently twice as fast as informix and uses SysV IPC semaphores as
> a concurrency control mechanism). I will eventually try to make it compatible
> with SQL.

Have you made this accessable to others?

Ray