[comp.databases] Unify Support Was:

craig@unify.uucp (Craig Isaacs) (04/10/90)

In article <200@fdls.UUCP> dougw@fdls.UUCP (Doug Walker) writes:
>In article <2783@softway.oz> gary@softway.oz (Gary Corby) writes:
>>[Gary complained about problems he had with Unify tech support two
>>years ago, and charged that Unify is unresponsive.]
>
>[Doug stated that he has been quite pleased with the support he has
>been receiving from Unify - albeit from the headquarters office in
>Sacramento. Doug also talked about our "call-back" policy, and that
>he liked not having to play telephone tag.]

I would like to thank both Doug and Gary for their comments.

Unify has spent a lot of time and money in the last 6 months
focusing on the customer support issues. The results have been quite
positive, and both Unify and our customers receive the benefit.

We have added a level of support ("premium"), which offers personalized
support.  In addition, we have moved the entire support organization
under the engineering organization (sort of moving the problem to the
solution).  Both of these items have helped to increase the number
of problems solved, increase the number of bugs fixed (now there
are none left :-), and decrease the amount of time customers wait for

Of course, I am not saying the organization is perfect; what I *am*
saying is that there has been a lot of positive feedback based on the
changes made, and that we will continue to increase the level of
performance and quality.

"Thank you for your support."

Craig Isaacs

Craig Isaacs                                      internet: craig@unify.UUCP
Unify Corporation                           ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!craig