[comp.databases] FOXPRO report paging

nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) (04/11/90)

How can you get the REPORT command to page when the output is going
to the screen (actually a window)?

I tried coding a UDF to cause paging and put it part of FOR or WHILE
expression but FOXPRO does not seem to allow UDF on the REPORT clause.
What I want is to get the effect of Report Preview as provided under
the report pull down during report creation/editing.

I would hate to code my reports instead of using report forms.

Thanks for any info.

--Abdenacer 	(nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.COM)

coop@hawksnest.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Cooperate) (04/12/90)

In article <1910014@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com>, nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com
(Abdenacer Moussaoui) writes:

> How can you get the REPORT command to page when the output is going
> to the screen (actually a window)?

Why don't you set the page_length to the size of your window, and put the pause
code in the ON PAGE clause - where it prints the footer ...
 (Don't have my dBASE w/ me, but it should work)

Boris Pelakh				"Software - a spell one casts on a
pelakh@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu		 computer to transform input into
coop@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu			 errors."        -- Me

Disclaimer :    If my employer knew what I did with the time I get paid for,
		I would be out of a job. Let's keep this between us, OK ?