[comp.databases] ORACLE: how do I move one field of a block to page 0?

beverly@ai.cs.wisc.edu (Beverly Seavey (-Kung)) (06/27/90)

In order to have a hidden field in a form I need to move that field to page 0.
How do I get at the page # for just 1 field ?

tensmekl@ingr.com (Kermit Tensmeyer) (06/28/90)

In article <10692@spool.cs.wisc.edu> beverly@ai.cs.wisc.edu (Beverly Seavey (-Kung)) writes:
>In order to have a hidden field in a form I need to move that field to page 0.
>How do I get at the page # for just 1 field ?

In general, page 0 is a seperate area for each block. The method differs for
each version. Version 2.X(2.1, 2.3) cut the field from the visible page,
[Accept] go back to the Page Modify page reset to Page Number -0-, go to
modify and use [Select], (This places you on page 0) now paste the field.
 Verify by going back and looking at the Fields selection.

In Version 3.0 [The preferred approach :-) actually a usable interface ]
 go to the spread sheet, change the attributes to not displayed and change
 the page number. (Just move that slider on the bottom to show the next page.)
 The package simulate a graphic window on 200 characters on 80 characters
 vt220 terminal. If you need more help, use the on-line hyper-text help
 on Pages.    [No I don't work for Oracle -- After suffering with
		?SQL*Forms? 1.0 /iap/ and SQL*Forms 2.1
		using 3.0 is so simple. It's even easier than Jam and
		Jam/Dbi for Oracle					]
You can also cut the field and go to Image/Painter choose Page 0 and
 then paste the field, but why do things the hard way?

fifi@cosmo.UUCP (A.F.Zinser) (06/29/90)

In article <11163@ingr.com> tensmekl@ingr.com (Kermit Tensmeyer) writes:
> In article <10692@spool.cs.wisc.edu> beverly@ai.cs.wisc.edu (Beverly Seavey (-Kung)) writes:
> >In order to have a hidden field in a form I need to move that field to page 0.
> >How do I get at the page # for just 1 field ?

In Version 2.3 you also can mark the field as 'non Displayed', generate the
format and load it up again. The marked field will then be placed on page 0.

Axel Zinser
--
Axel Zinser                                               VOICE: +49 511 699945
             fifi%veeble@mcshh.hanse.de | fifi@cosmo.uucp | fifi@mcshh.hanse.de