[comp.databases] New Newsgroup for micros?

bxw@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au (Brad Willcott) (06/30/90)

benl@adt.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Ben.Lheureux) writes:

[deleted text...]

>I agree.  Seems like if we did so the DB theorists could get back to
>their internal kernel jokes, and us tools types could concentrate on
>how to best use their d**n DB's.  Is not comp.databases just a tad
>broad -- and busy -- these days?

[deleted text...]

I also agree about the traffic.  I would like to suggest an additional group:

	"comp.databases.micro"

This could then be a forum for us micro computer users to use.  It would mean
being able to concentrate on issues and products that affect primarily our
environments, without the confusion of ploughing through the mainframe/mini
computer traffic.  Don't get me wrong, alot of it is interresting reading,

but it would be nice to be able to keep it separate.
--
Brad Willcott,                          ACSnet:     bxw@ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz
Computing Services,                     Internet:   bxw@ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au