[comp.databases] Ingres 5 & sunOS 4.1?

mep@inmet.inmet.com (07/07/90)

Is anyone running Ingres release 5 (including IngresNET) on SPARC/sunOS
4.1?  I need to know if that combination works even if our sales rep.
doesn't recommend it.

Email replies preferred (thanks in advance)

   /-------------------------------------------------------------\
   | Mark Polhamus    mep@inmet.inmet.com    ..!uunet!inmet!mep  |
   \-------------------------------------------------------------/

pavlov@canisius.UUCP (Greg Pavlov) (07/09/90)

In article <19500002@inmet>, mep@inmet.inmet.com writes:

> Is anyone running Ingres release 5 (including IngresNET) on SPARC/sunOS
> 4.1?  I need to know if that combination works even if our sales rep.
> doesn't recommend it.

  It did, as of last fall.  Including INGRES/NET: we used it in test applica-

  tions that included a SPARC-based system, DEC MicroVAX, DEC 3100, MIPS
  M/120, and HP 9somethingorother - INGRES "front ends" and "back ends" pretty
  well randomly scattered across all machines.

  greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny