[comp.databases] dBASE IV 1.1 Question

jay@umd5.umd.edu (Jay Elvove) (08/07/90)

I'm interested in knowing whether the printing features of dBASE IV 1.1
have been enhanced to include postcript support.  Anybody know for sure?
--

Jay Elvove       jay@umd5.umd.edu
c/o Academic Software

keithm@ashtate (Keith Mund) (08/08/90)

In article <7052@umd5.umd.edu> jay@umd5.umd.edu (Jay Elvove) writes:
>I'm interested in knowing whether the printing features of dBASE IV 1.1
>have been enhanced to include postcript support.  Anybody know for sure?

I know for sure that dBASE IV 1.1 has PostScript (R) support.

Keith Mund

jeffw@dbase.A-T.COM (Jeff Wilson) (08/08/90)

In article <7052@umd5.umd.edu>, jay@umd5.umd.edu (Jay Elvove) writes:
> I'm interested in knowing whether the printing features of dBASE IV 1.1
> have been enhanced to include postcript support.  Anybody know for sure?

I just checked my directory of printer drivers included with dBASE IV 1.1
and there is indeed a postscript driver as well as a postscript download
file.

A couple of our Mac guys (Cy Shuster and George Lee) were given the task
of rewriting the printer drivers for 1.1, and naturally they also wrote
one for postscript.

I havn't tried it, but knowing Cy and George it should work well...

Jeff Wilson
Ashton-Tate
Glendale Development Center

wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Bill Wilson) (08/09/90)

From article <7052@umd5.umd.edu>, by jay@umd5.umd.edu (Jay Elvove):
> I'm interested in knowing whether the printing features of dBASE IV 1.1
> have been enhanced to include postcript support.  Anybody know for sure?
> --

dBASE IV supports a number of different types of printers.  I was
successful in printing to an Apple LaserWriter using the dBASE
postscript driver.

--
Let sleeping dragons lie........               | The RoleMancer
Bill Wilson             (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm | wilson@nauvax)