[comp.databases] Building a small application on PC

mist@amc-gw.amc.com (Michael Steltman) (08/31/90)

I want to build a small (it looks ike a small one...) database application
for an inventory and shipping adminstration, on a PC. Inventory contains
only 5 articles, one shipment a week. No billing (yet??). Approx size: 5 or
6 tables, 12 screens, 4 reports.

What's the best thing to use to create this? Dbase IV? Reflex? program it
in turbo pascal? I appreciate experiences and opinions on this.

--
--->    Michiel Steltman,  mist@amc.com || amc-gw!mist    206-882-5644 <---
======  Westmount Technology: The West-European trailblazers in CASE ======

barr@frog.UUCP (Chris Barr) (09/01/90)

In article <2907@amc-gw.amc.com>, mist@amc-gw.amc.com (Michael Steltman) writes:
> I want to build a small (it looks ike a small one...) database application
> for an inventory and shipping adminstration, on a PC.
> What's the best thing to use to create this? Dbase IV? Reflex? program it
> in turbo pascal? I appreciate experiences and opinions on this.

PC Week's recently reinvigorated testing department invited 17 vendors
to show their stuff - each got an application spec to be implemented,
and daily q&a updates.  LOTS of variables make this open to debate,
including programmer efficiency & experience, hardware, missing vendors
(Oracle, others), etc.