[comp.databases] Anyone using Faircomm's CTREE/DTREE/RTREE

petej@itcode.Eng.Sun.COM (Pete Jolly) (09/08/90)

I purchased the faircom toolbox which includes
the ctree (Isam routines), dtree, and rtree packages for
database development.  I currently have a Clipper application
under Dos that I wanted to port to Xenix (or something multi
user) and have had some problems getting ctree working correctly
under Xenix.  I hate there installation instructions and was wondering
if there is anyone else out there that has gotten as far as getting
a real system working under the Faircomm package.

Would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,

Pete Jolly
Intellicode Software.

tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) (09/10/90)

In message <142047@sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, petej@itcode.Eng.Sun.COM (Pete Jolly)
writes:
>        ...have had some problems getting ctree working correctly
> under Xenix.  I hate there installation instructions and was wondering
> if there is anyone else out there that has gotten as far as getting
> a real system working under the Faircomm package.

I've had no problems with the FairCom stuff on Xenix, SunOS, DOS, VMS, etc.
I suspect that Pete is just being a bit impatient with the learning curve.
Anyway, there are a hundred of us who are willing to help, just contact the
ctree mailing list at ...!alberta!oha!ctree-request.  I administer the list,
and it is not associated with FairCom.  Also, the rumour is that FairCom
will release SQL for ctree at the end of September.

--
Yours etc., Tony Olekshy.               Internet: tony%oha@CS.UAlberta.CA
					  BITNET: tony%oha.uucp@UALTAMTS.BITNET